Friday 11 May 2012

How to Make a Mosaic Table Top

I just wanted to let you take a peak at how my mosaic table is coming along.  You may remember last summer when I started to work on it (mosaic table top)

Well, winter arrived before the completion of the work.  Thankfully, this week I had a helping hand(s) from my daughter, Sam, and  my niece, Emily.  We spent the better part of a sunny afternoon snipping and glueing tiles.  There truly seems to be something therapeutic about piecing together bits of coloured ceramic.  As you can see from the latest photos, we've begun to incorporate the contrast colour, a yellow ochre tile.
Mosaic table top in progress

Mosaic table top


I'm hoping to have the table finished by the beginning of June to coincide with the beginning of the Summer Studio 2012.  I quite like the idea of being able to serve refreshments on a beautiful table on the verandah to the hard working artists who will assemble here during the summer.

If you'd like to join us, click the link in the above paragraph for details and how to contact me.

Thanks so much for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

Hoping you can piece together a wonderful day for yourself,

Sandra





No comments:

Post a Comment